What To Do On Campus
Your visit can be as versatile as you'd like it to be.
Choose from the following activities to make the most of your campus visit:
- The Information Session & Campus Tour provide an in-depth look at life at PLNU and valuable information on the admissions process, academic scholarships, financial aid, academic programs, campus involvements, and spiritual life programs.
- A student tour guide will meet you at the end of the information session to take you on a 45-minute walking tour of the campus.
- Please schedule at least one week in advance.
- The Information Session & Campus Tour is offered:
- September through April, 10:30 a.m.
- Year-round Monday through Friday, 1:30 p.m.
- Select Thursdays, 5:00 p.m.
* Make sure to check our unavailable dates before scheduling your trip to PLNU
- We offer students the opportunity of completing an admissions interview as part of the application process.
- Students will meet individually with an admissions counselor for a 20-30 minute interview.
- Admissions interviews are an optional part of the application process and can only enhance your application. Choosing not to complete an interview will not harm your application in any way.
- Please contact our Campus Visit Coordinator at least one month before the application deadline to arrange your interview, which can occur up until the application deadline. An on- campus interview is strongly encouraged.
- Admissions Interviews are offered:
- Monday through Friday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Chapel is an important part of developing and sustaining the spiritual life here at PLNU. You are more than welcome to join our community for chapel:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 9:45 - 10:20 a.m.
- Listen to Chapel online here!
*NOTE: Some chapel services are for current students only, i.e. students meeting with their academic advisors. Please wait for an admissions representative to confirm your chapel visit.
- We invite you to enjoy a complimentary lunch as part of your visit! Our dining hall is a great place to meet current students, have a good meal, and take in a spectacular view. Be sure to pick up lunch passes when you check in at the Admissions Office. Subject to availability.
- A great way to experience the academic life at PLNU is to be a part of it! Prospective students are welcome to visit a class in any department:
- Monday through Friday, during our regular school year.
*We require at least two weeks notice to arrange a class visit.
- Our faculty enjoy sharing their knowledge and insight with prospective students and would be happy to meet with you during your visit. We ask for at least two weeks notice to arrange an appointment as the availability and time depends on the faculty member's schedule.
Join the staff of Point Loma’s nationally ranked Study Abroad program for a brief session on how to make studying abroad a part of your PLNU experience. Check out the facilities and resources that our students who study abroad can take advantage of, and see just how easy it is to spend one (or more!) of your PLNU semesters in another country!
- Sessions are offered at 3:00 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- If you want to experience a real "day in the life" at PLNU, we encourage you to stay overnight in one of the residence halls. We have enthusiastic student representatives who are excited to show you the ins and outs of campus life.
- Monday through Thursday evenings during the regular school year.
- Please allow at least two weeks' notice to schedule an overnight visit.
There is a $15 charge for overnight stays. Once the visit is confirmed for the prospective student, the Campus Visit Assistant will contact the student and provide the information they need to make this payment.
- We're proud to be located in San Diego -- America's Finest City! While you're visiting PLNU, we hope you take advantage of visiting the World Famous San Diego Zoo!
- By visiting us, you can get Zoo and Safari Park tickets at the Point Loma visit discount rate. Click here for more info!
For any questions about the campus visit experience, please contact our Campus Visit Coordinator: 1-800-733-7770