Leadership for a Strengths-based Ministry
90% of pastors recently surveyed said they felt inadequately prepared for their vocation. Nearly half revealed that at some point in their pastoral work they felt extreme fatigue and burn out. Many are forced to take a leave of absence. Is this healthy ministry?
Ministry can (and should be) a Spirit-enabled expression of your God-given gifts and talents. In fact, ministry effectiveness soars when your leadership approach co-operates with who you are.
In this one-day session, Norm Shoemaker, Founding Director of the Center for Pastoral Leadership at PLNU and trainer for the NSI, will help you to understand your unique leadership capacities and how this wisdom can enhance your ministry.
At the seminar you will…
- Explore the biblical context for a strengths-based approach to ministry.
- Unpack your unique talent-themes and how to leverage them as a leader.
- Learn how to create, develop and empower ministry teams.
- Discover the dynamic characteristics of an engaged church.
- And more…
Special Seminar Feature: Rev. James Kinzler, Lead Pastor at Coast Community Church of the Nazarene in Santa Barbara, CA and an NSI Consultant, will be sharing how as a pastor-leader he is embodying these principles and insights within the culture of his leadership team and church community.
- When: January 28, 2013 l 9:30—3:30
- Where: Concord Church of the Nazarene - 1650 Ashbury Dr., Concord, CA 94520-2510
- Cost: $15 (includes the cost of the StrengthsFinder code and Lunch)
- R.S.V.P: We would like to know you are coming. Additionally, your registration provides you the opportunity to take the StrengthsFinder Inventory prior to attending. To R.S.V.P., contact Kay Clark at the District Office (email@example.com).