PSCFA Warm Up El Camino College
The PLNU Speech and Debate Team (Forensics Team) competed at its first tournament of the season this past Friday, along with many members of the Argumentation and Debate classes, who were in their first ever tournament experience.
The parliamentary format of debate we practice delves into many different topics at each tournament. Our students rely heavily upon the material they learn in their other classes, beyond just the debate class. We thank the professors for allowing them to participate in this life empowering, often intensely academic exercise that like our school’s athletic teams, unfortunately conflicts with some classes. We also appreciate the content taught by their professors in their classes, which often becomes the focus of many of their debates.
Here are the results of the PSCFA Warm Up Tournament at El Camino College this past Friday, September 28th. There were no elimination rounds or speaker awards presented at the tournament given the format of this particular contest.
Open Division Parliamentary Debate:
• Haley Courtney and Sydney Awakuni – Certificate of Excellence (just lost one round)
• Christopher Danks and James Wilson – Certificate of Excellence
Junior Division Parliamentary Debate:
• Claire Schalin and Daniel Robert Spencer – Certificate of Superiority (no losses)
Novice Division Parliamentary Debate:
• Hannah Andrade and Elizabeth Pode – Certificate of Excellence
Rookie Division of Parliamentary Debate: (for those that have never been to another debate tournament ever)
• Tess Andrews and Dani Bartello - Certificate of Excellence
• Tyler Klindt and Mandie Lira - Certificate of Excellence
• Josh Kimball and Hayden Reynolds - Certificate of Excellence
We are looking forward to an outstanding year with this terrific group of students. Thanks in advance for your prayers, encouragement and support.