Schools & Departments
Fermanian School of Business
School of Education
School of Nursing
School of Theology and Christian Ministry
College of Arts and Humanities
- Art and Design
- Communications and Theatre
- History and Political Science
- Literature, Journalism and Modern Languages
College of Natural and Social Sciences
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Mathematical, Information and Computer Sciences
- Physics and Engineering
- Sociology and Social Work
College of Extended Learning
- M.A. in Organizational Leadership
Adult Degree Completion Programs
PLNU considers our strong academic reputation as stewardship:
- Ranked in the Top 20 among all universities in Regional Universities (West) by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Economist ranked PLNU at #52 out of 1,275 colleges in their first ever university rankings.
Rankings reflect the reality of how much we pursue academic excellence. Our students and professors experience more than ranking numbers, though. PLNU has created a learning community passionate about applying learning to the most important questions people ask.
Faculty in PLNU's school of arts and humanities are prolific creators, researchers, and presenters of scholarship. The A+H Scholarship Reports (PDF download) highlights many accomplishments.
PLNU's reputation in the sciences is reflected in our alumni's successes. Our graduates pursuing medical school have a 90% acceptance rate. Alumni pursuing graduate research degrees have a 95% acceptance rate. PLNU's state-of-the-art new science building, Latter and Sader Halls, reflects our commitment to excellence and our perspective that science displays the glories of God.
Over a three-year period (2004-2007) Point Loma Nazarene University participated in the process of applying for the reaffirmation of accreditation under the protocols established by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Learn more about PLNU's accreditation.
PLNU students diligently pursue academic excellence.
To download PDFs of lists, click Dean's List.