Fermanian School of Business
Why study economics? Since economic forces shape society, business and government in various ways, economics is a broadly relevant field. Whether you want to enter the business, nonprofit, or academic realm, a background in economics can prepare you for the future!
If you want to study economics, opt for the international development studies major. Housed in the Fermanian School of Business, this major provides students with the opportunity to study and evaluate economic development theories and models, development planning and programming, grassroots development projects, democratization, gender issues in development, urban problems, and other factors that affect the development process. This practical and relevant combination of economics with world issues makes this degree versatile and valuable.
- Resources such as the Fermanian Business and Economic Institute promote contact with the professional world by arranging internships, informational interviews, and networking events.
- PLNU’s Fermanian School of Business is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
- Coursework covers economics, statistics, international business, nonprofits, business, banking, human rights, and global governance, among other relevant areas.
- Excellent track record in job placement
- Center for International Development gives students the opportunity to use business knowledge to address the challenges of poverty around the world.
- Financial analyst
- Market researcher