Managerial Organizational Communication
Department of Communication and Theatre
Do you value a well-written e-mail, a clearly-stated business report, or an eloquent verbal appeal?
Communication, according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, is an essential skill to succeeding in the job market. If you want to make effective communication a priority, choose PLNU's managerial and organizational communication (MOCM) major!
The MOCM major is specifically designed to provide you with the communication and professional tools you need to succeed in a wide spectrum of jobs. We combine the fundamentals of business with the principles of human interaction in organizational contexts. We look at how communication enables teamwork, creates vision, influences and coordinates people’s behavior, and sustains and changes organizations.
Required courses include classes from many areas of study, including: interpersonal communication, microeconomics, statistics, and accounting. Upper division courses include persuasion, organizational and managerial communication, and communication theory.
- A nationally-ranked Forensics and Speech & Debate Team
- Membership in the Chi Beta Sigma business club
- Student-operated radio station, TV production facility, on-campus theatre
- Internships in many regional and nationally-known organizations
- A large, comprehensive department encompassing all areas of interpersonal, group, and organizational studies as well as training in performance and media
- Training and development
- Market research
- Human resources
- Customer relations
- Public/community relations
- Strategic planning