Are you fascinated by the intricacies of the marketplace? Do you wonder what makes a person buy one product in lieu of another? Consider a concentration in marketing!
PLNU offers a business administration major with a concentration in marketing. You'll study advertising, promotions, global economics, sales management, tax accounting, persuasion, and more. Upper division requirements include classes in the areas of business management, business law and ethics, and finance. The major also requires an internship where students will get experience with real world issues, as they plot their courses toward becoming successful business professionals.
The marketing concentration introduces students to how products and services are developed, promoted, priced, distributed, and sold. The process requires an understanding of buyer and seller behavior within the context of the overall market environment. Emphasis is placed on the globalization of business and how marketing utilizes the internet in a fast-paced world. In addition, students learn about special challenges facing nonprofit organizations as they try to market their goods and services.
- Opportunities to travel all over the world, including Latin America, the Middle East, Russia, China, England, and other parts of the United States
- High-tech, state-of-the-art Fermanian School of Business
- Extensive database of potential internships and employers in San Diego County and across the country
- MBA program
- Networking opportunities
- Sales management
- Marketing research and development
- Product and brand management