Department of History and Political Science
Are you interested in political questions of social justice, personal liberty, and equality? If you want to study contemporary public affairs, problems in political systems, and international politics, consider a political science major!
PLNU offers a political science major through the Department of History & Political Science. You'll take classes about American government, the Presidency, Congress, and more. In higher level courses, you'll examine women in politics, human rights, political behavior, and global governance. Classes are required from each separate concentration: American government, international studies, comparative government, and theory. In addition, the political science major at PLNU incorporates a strong liberal arts education with encouragement to pursue a life of public service.
- Capitals Program offers students a chance to spend one semester in Washington D.C., The United Nations, or a foreign capital city. There students gain first-hand experience in how government works and policy is facilitated.
- Student lounge with coffee, chairs, and newspapers
- Leadership teams that plan events and activities
- Pre-Law Society
- Center for Women's Studies
- Insitute of Politics & Public Service
- Nonprofit organization operations
- Foreign affairs
- Domestic and international law
- Work with policy organizations