Department of Literature, Journalism and Modern Languages
In California and the southwestern United States, millions of people speak Spanish as a first language in their homes. Do you love the beauty of foreign language and appreciate the challenge of mastering a language? If you desire to be speak, read, write, and comprehend Spanish, then this major is right for you!
The Spanish major and minor at PLNU is offered through the Department of Literature, Journalism, and Modern Languages. The lower division requirements are Spanish I and II. Upper division requirements broaden the scope of study and include advanced grammar and composition; Latin and Mexican American culture, history, and literature; and Spanish linguistics. If you want to go to graduate school to study Spanish, you might consider studying French or German in addition to Spanish.
- Study abroad
- Fully-functional audio lab
- Internships with Spanish-speaking companies or organizations
- Loveworks programs to Spanish-speaking countries
- Honors Projects
- Spanish teacher or instructor
- Spanish-speaking liaison for an organization
- Foreign affairs representative
- Ministry work
- Social services