Resources, Internships, and Jobs
Check out more about how to get involved in international development.
The Center for International Development is a connection point between students with passion, skills and interest, and international nonprofits needing employees and volunteers. If you are interested in pursuing a career in the international nonprofit sector, this can be a starting place towards that career.
Interested in working for an international nonprofit?
The following steps can lead you in the right direction towards a career in the international citizen's sector.
Here are some wonderful internship opportunities:
General International Development
- HOPE INTERNATIONAL
- LAZARIAN WORLD HOMES
- JOAN B. KROC INSTITUTE FOR PEACE & JUSTICE (IPJ)
- WORLD CONCERN (includes microfinance programs)
- WORLD RELIEF
- CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES
- DEVELOPMENT INTERNATIONAL DESJARDINS (Canadian based)
- FREEDOM FROM HUNGER
- PLANT WITH A PURPOSE
- HOPE INTERNATIONAL
- SEATTLE MICROFINANCE
- MICROFINANCE TRANSPARENCY
- FINCA (Search under the Job Type of "Academic Intern" or " Pro Bono / Volunteer for opportunities)
- MICROVEST (See Internship Program and Volunteer Opportunities)
- ACCION, BOSTON & WASHINGTON, DC
- DEVELOPMENT ALTERNATIVES, INC.
- MICROFINANCE GATEWAY
- FIVE TALENTS
Are you interested in international development as a career?
- HARDSHIPS OF NGO WORK: Fulfillment Elusive for Young Altruists In the Crowded Field of Public Interest By Ian Shapira
If you would like to meet with Professor Rob Gailey or a staff member of the Center for International Development to discuss your questions or interests, please let us know.To schedule an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 849-2786
More for your search...
Also, check out this great Web site for finding nonprofit jobs.
The CID also has a literature library with collections of pamphlets, brochures, and current magazine issues such as The Economist, Monday Developments, and Sojourners. You may stop by the Center of International Development and check out literature of your choice.