Tickets and Seating
Tickets ARE required for all convocations in May.
- Each qualified candidate that will be participating in the Graduate and Professional Studies convocation on Friday, May 5 is eligible to receive ten (10) tickets.
- Each qualified graduating senior that will be participating in the Undergraduate convocations on Saturday, May 6 is eligible to receive ten (10) tickets.
- Children age three (3) and older are required to have a ticket.
- Students need to pick up their tickets in person. They will receive information on distribution dates and location as commencement approaches.
- Tickets allow guests access into the Greek Amphitheatre, but do not reserve a specific seat. All seating is available on a first come-first served basis.
- The Greek Amphitheatre will open for seating as follows:
for the Graduate and Professional Studies Convocation on Friday, May 5 at 4:00 p.m.
for the College of Arts and Humanities, School of Business, School of Nursing, and School of Theology and Christian Ministry Convocation at 11:00 a.m.
for the College of Natural and Social Sciences and School of Education Convocation at 3:00 p.m.
- Seating for guests with special needs is available. Please see an usher to be directed to those areas.
- One person may sit with the guest with special needs. Due to limited space, we are unable to allow all family members to sit in this section.
- Due to the capacity of this event, reserved seats must be relinquished thirty (30) minutes prior to the beginning of the ceremony in anticipation of the academic procession. To ensure that guests are able to sit together with family and friends, please encourage them to arrive early.
- Guests without tickets may view a broadcast of the convocation in the air-conditioned Crill Performance Hall. Guests will also be able to view a live webcast online via a link on the PLNU commencement homepage (www.pointloma.edu/commencement).