Ticket Distribution Policy
Tickets ARE required for all convocations in May.
Each certified member of the Class of 2017 is entitled to a total of ten (10) tickets for family and friends to attend Commencement.
- Distribution will begin in the Records Office on Monday, April 17, and continue through Thursday, May 4, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Records Office is located at the north end of campus (small white building to your right after entering the campus).
- Students requesting tickets must show university photo identification or provide a valid student identification number with a driver's license.
- Students who are not enrolled during the spring semester, but who intend to graduate at Commencement 2017 and are certified as eligible, need to contact Shelley Fruchey to request tickets. Click here to send an email now. Please provide your name, student ID number, major, and mailing address when sending your request. Tickets will be mailed to these students directly.
Extra Ticket Wait List:
- The wait list does not guarantee that extra tickets will be available. As the number of eligible graduates increases, so does the chance of reaching capacity with the standard number of tickets allotted per student.
- Students who would like to be placed on the wait list for additional tickets should contact Shelley Fruchey (email here). Please provide your name, student ID number, major, and how many tickets you are requesting.
- If extra tickets are available, students on the wait list will be contacted via email during the week of commencement.
- The wait list is first come, first served
- All requests for additional tickets must be made by the student.
- While all seating (including seating areas for those with special needs) in the Greek Amphitheatre and adjacent temporary bleachers is open seating, a ticket will be required of everyone entering these areas (other than degree candidates and participants).
- All seating being held for latecomers must be released thirty (30) minutes prior to the beginning of the academic procession.
- Lost tickets cannot be replaced.
For additional questions relating to tickets, please contact Shelley Fruchey in the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Administration: