Art or Graphic Design Portfolio
Prospective art/design students are encouraged to submit a portfolio of their work to the PLNU Department of Art and Design at the time of applying to the university. The art/design faculty will review the portfolio, score the artwork, and make a recommendation to the Admissions Office concerning the applicant. The portfolio is NOT required for a prospective student who anticipates choosing an art or design major at PLNU. However, a strong portfolio may benefit the applicant in the admissions process. The portfolio will also allow art/design faculty members to become familiar with the work of prospective students prior to their enrollment, should they be accepted.
Guidelines for the Portfolio
- When applying to PLNU, send a CD or DVD of your portfolio to the Department of Art and Design, marked with “Art Portfolio” on the outside envelope.
- Include 10 to 15 digital JPEG images of your work.
- Label CD/DVD with your name and address.
- No titles or a written statement are needed.
- Your CD cannot be returned.