Research Associates of Point Loma: An Alumni and Friends Support Group
What is Research Associates?
Research Associates is an auxiliary of the Point Loma Nazarene University Alumni Association. Its 260 members are alumni and friends of the Biology and Chemistry Departments of Point Loma. The purpose of Research Associates is to contribute to the professional development and success of the students and faculty, particularly in the area of undergraduate research. This goal is realized by:
- Supporting undergraduate research with student stipends, supplies and equipment.
- Providing academic-year scholarships in recognition of excellence.
- Supporting the pre-medical and pre-dental programs with funds for guest speakers and travel for the pre-medical advisor to attend conferences and visit medical and dental schools.
- Encouraging and supporting on-campus seminars by established alumni to build ties between students and graduates. This networking provides students with examples of successful alumni and acquaints them with alumni in various professions.
- A Message from the Chairman of the Board
- The Research Associates Board of Directors
- Research Associates Annual Report 2011
- Research Associates Annual Report 2012