PLPHSA - Events Calendar
Club meetings, volunteer opportunities, and discipline specific information sessions for the 2013-2014 academic year
“Passion for Life, Education, Service, & YOUR Future in Healthcare”
• At UC Davis on October 12th & 13th
• Price of admission is $45
• UCSD Pre-Health Club is providing a package that includes transportation, housing, & meals for the weekend!
• If interested, let me know & I’ll put you in touch with the UCSD club representative for more info.
Heart Screening Event at Patrick Henry High School
• With Dr. Rogers, EP Save A Life Medical Director
• October 20th, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
• Great volunteer opportunity - perform hands on medical service to the community
• Learn to use an EKG machine
Escape Fire Movie Screening:
• Joining up with the Student Dietetic Association (SDA)
• Escape Fire is about our healthcare system/medical industry & how it is designed for a quick fix rather than prevention.
• October 22, 2013
Pre-Vet Event with Feral Cat Coalition: November 17, 2013
• A free trap, spay/neuter & return program to humanely reduce the suffering of homeless cats
CDA Cares Volunteer Dental Clinic: December 7th & 8th
• Free Volunteer Dental Clinic
• Saturday & Sunday at the Del Mar Fairgrounds
• Event Organized by Tyler Sanders
**Must decide if you’ll be involved by October 14, 2013.
– Send email to Tyler Sanders: firstname.lastname@example.org