- Adjunct Faculty, Music Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Bachelor of Arts - Union University, Jackson, TN
- Master of Music with Kodaly Emphasis - Holy Names University, Oakland, CA
- Orff-Schulwerk Level Training I, II, & III - University of Memphis, TN
- Kodaly Level Training I, II, & III - New England Conservatory of Music, Boston, MA
General Music, Elementary-High School Band, Elementary- High School Choral Courses
MUE341 - Music in the Elementary Classroom
Musical Involvement: Handbells (Ringers Rejoice) - Point Loma Community Presbyterian Church
Memberships: American Orff-Schulwerk Association (AOSA) Organization of American Kodaly Educators (OAKE)
Debie Burton has her BA Music Education and MMED with Kodaly Emphasis from Holy Names College in Oakland, CA. She has Orff Levels I, II, III, and Kodaly Levels I, II, III. She has been an Elementary, Middle School, and High School Music Specialist for over 30 years, specializing in elementary education, concert and jazz band instruction, as well as choral and handbell perforforming groups.
Debbie teaches classroom music, K-5, at Jarabek Elementary School and Crown Point Junior Music Academy, and is an adjunct professor at San Diego State University and Point Loma Nazarene University teaching Music for Elementary School Teachers. She is a local and national Orff and Kodaly presenter.
Additionally, Prof. Burton is a past Treasurer and President of the San Diego American Orff Chapter and Co-Local Conference Chair (LCC3) in charge of Instruments for the 2015 National Conference in San Diego.