Randal P. Schober, Ed.D.
Randal P. Schober, Ed.D.
- Associate Professor of Management
- Email: RandalSchober@pointloma.edu
- Phone: +1(619) 849.2697
- Ed.D., West Virginia University
- M.S., West Virginia University
- B.Ed., University of South Australia
Randal Schober graduated from the University of South Australia and obtained his Doctorate in Education specializing in Exercise Physiology in 1996 from West Virginia University. He is committed to "being the change you want to see in the world" and transfers this into his professional career. Prior to joining the Fermanian School of Business as a full-time professor, Schober taught Entrepreneurship and Non-profit Management as an adjunct professor at PLNU while serving as Executive Director of SurfAid International.
As the former Executive Director of SurfAid, he provided much needed humanitarian programs to remote islands in Indonesia. Schober has also gained valuable experience while serving as Executive Director for HeadNorth in San Diego, founder and CEO of Avviso, LLC in San Diego, Director of Education for efi Sports Medicine in San Diego, and Vice President of Education for Evolve 1 in San Diego and Phoenix. As an Associate Professor of Management at PLNU, he is dedicated to inspiring the next generation to pursue new and innovative business ideas that impact more than the bottom line.
With over twenty years combined experience in professional studies and education, non-profit management, organizational leadership and entrepreneurship, Randal Schober brings a wealth of knowledge to graduate and undergraduate students of the Fermanian School of Business at Point Loma Nazarene University in the following areas of expertise:
Organizational Leadership and Management
- Development of non-profit infrastructure from mission to program implementation.
- Led non-profit organization to a new level of professionalism and increased support by building community partnerships, evolving strategic efforts, creating a new fundraising plan focusing on account management, and orchestrating board governance and development.
- Created long-term organizational strategic goals and implemented plans to accomplish them.
- Managed the creation of organizational policies and procedures to ensure a consistent experience for clients served, staff members and donors.
- Served as a Board Member for nonprofit organizations.
Fundraising and Financial Accountability
- Developed effective fundraising strategies for organizational effectiveness and sustainability including signature events, grant writing, foundation support and corporate relationships.
- Experience in major gift and donor development.
- Developed and maintained organizational budgets and regularly monitoring of actual revenues and expenditures compared to projections.
- Ensured all financial transactions and reporting in accordance with federal and state regulations
- Experience with customer relationship management systems.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Development and implementation of non-profit strategic marketing / PR plan.
- Acted as primary spokesperson for multiple organizations in the media, events and presentations.
- Created marketing campaigns and collateral materials designed to influence and educate the public about community and philanthropic issues, recruited donors and volunteers, and increased event attendance.
- Communicated regularly with the public through broadcast and print media in order to encourage dialogue and action regarding a variety of issues.
Coalition Building and Committee
- Member of Point Loma Nazarene University's Fermanian Business & Economic Institute Advisory board
- Mentor in the PLNU Entrepreneur Enrichment Program
- LEAD San Diego Graduate
- Business Advisor at the San Diego Sport Innovators
- Speaker and member of the San Diego Business Leadership Network
- Graduate and facilitator of Fieldstone Foundation Executive Learning Group