School of Education
Welcome to the Undergraduate Programs for the School of Education!
- Cross-Disciplinary Studies: Teacher Education - an ideal major for aspiring teachers wanting to teach at the elementary grade levels, with credential courses embedded for a blended experience.
- Cross-Disciplinary Studies: Integrated Education - an ideal major for the student who seeks a broad education in a changing world in preparation for a variety of professions upon graduation.
- Special Education - any undergraduates who have a genuine love for ALL children and sense a calling to teach are invited to seek more information about becoming a part of this exciting and growing field of education.
- Aspiring Teachers - offers teacher preparation courses for undergraduates interested in teaching a specific content area in secondary education, with credential courses embedded.
- New Undergraduate Program - offered at the Bakersfield Regional Center.
Welcome to the Graduate Programs for the School of Education!
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Arts in Special Education
- Added Authorizations:
- Other Health Impaired (pending approval)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (pending approval)
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Emotional Disturbance
- Added Authorizations:
- Service Credentials
- Clear Credentials
Welcome to Point Loma Nazarene University's School of Education. We consistently develop highly qualified, high-performing educators of noble character in the context of a vital, Christian Learning Community.
What Are My Next Steps?
Review the credential and graduate programs offered by the School of Education. Use the sidebar and related links to learn more about credential, degree, or certificate programs offered at a location of interest and to contact an advisor for an information/planning session.
For general information about PLNU's School of Education, call (866) 692-GRAD (4723).
Join us for a Graduate Information Event
Please visit our Graduate Information Event web page and RSVP today! Find out what makes our PLNU School of Education programs unique and why our students enjoy gaining educational insight from our faculty in a dynamic learning environment. We offer these Information Events at all three of our Regional Centers: Bakersfield, Inland Empire (Corona), and Mission Valley. Choose your program and Regional Center today!
PLNU is committed to continuous and transparent alignment of our curriculum with the highest national standards. Learn about assessment.