Beginning Teacher and Support Assessment (BTSA)
Point Loma Nazarene University is proud to offer BTSA Participating Teachers and Support Providers the opportunity to earn 3 - 6 graduate units upon completion of your district's induction program. A reduced fee of $75.00 / unit is an amazing opportunity for graduate credit!
Registration must occur 3 units at a time. If you have evidence of completion of 2 years of BTSA, and therefore have earned 6 units of credit, you will register twice for 3 units each.
- Online BTSA Credit Registration (Select the PLNU Regional Center closest to your home - either Arcadia, Bakersfield, Inland Empire or Mission Valley)
At the completion of your induction program, or the completion of each year, EMAIL the following documents to the contact below at the same PLNU Regional Center you selected during online registration:
San Diego - Mission Valley
A. LETTER / CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION FOR YEAR 1 AND / OR YEAR 2
- Support Providers may submit a verification of FACT training & successful support of a Participating Teacher
- DOCUMENTS MUST BE SIGNED BY YOUR BTSA / INDUCTION DIRECTOR (A COPY IS FINE)
B. *REFLECTION DOCUMENT – ONE REFLECTION PER YEAR (*SEE BELOW FOR OPTIONS)
- Support Providers submit a reflection of their own growth as a result of the program experience
C. PRINT THE OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM, SIGN AND MAIL AS DIRECTED ON THE FORM
- An official transcript will be sent once all documents have been assessed & credit has been granted
NOTE: A signed OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM must be submitted before transcripts can be sent
NOTE: Six BTSA units can be applied to a 36 unit Master's Degree, with six additional units applied from a recently completed, WASC accredited credential program.
*REFLECTION DOCUMENT OPTIONS
Select (ONE) of the following options for your reflection document:
1. A copy of your Individual Induction Plan (IIP), plus a one page description of :
- Your rationale for choosing this focus goal for your IIP
- The implication that this inquiry will have on your future practice
2. A colloquium preparation activity, already required by your BTSA/Induction Program, which provides a reflection of your experience from the current year's program
3. A summary of what you shared at the colloquium that represents the areas in which you grew as a professional educator, as well as the areas in which your students demonstrated achievement
4. A culminating formative assessment activity, already required by your BTSA/Induction program, which provides a reflection of your experience from the current year's program
NOTE: Documents must include your name, district, date, and specify BTSA Year 1 or Year 2. Handwritten documents will not be accepted.
* Please note, if you are applying to the MATL program you will NOT register for your BTSA units this way, but will do so within your program when your register for all your other courses.