Teaching & Learning
Earn your M.A. in Education, Teaching & Learning or a stand-alone certificate - one of two ways:
1 > Earn your M.A. in Education, specializing in Teaching & Learning, by including one certificate of interest
2 > Choose one of our six certificate offerings as a stand-alone certification
Choose from one of
About Teaching & Learning
Whether you're in a business or nonprofit position working with adults or a classroom teacher working with children or in a community, a master's degree or a certificate in Teaching & Learning will work alongside our experienced and approachable faculty, be equipped in the latest learning technologies, and develop practical skills to help you teach in diverse communities and in a variety of settings.
Each of our six certificates is tailored for different types of professionals or educators. Here are just a few examples of ideal candidates:
- Experienced classroom teachers desiring a master's degree, additional certification, and/or their clear credential.
- Experienced classroom teachers seeking to apply their skills in business or nonprofit setting.
- The candidate who seeks to design and manage professional development in the workplace.
- Those desiring to teach in human services agencies in diverse communities.
- Total Semester Units:
- M.A. in Education: 36 units
- Stand-alone certifications: 12-15 units
- Clear Credential or Reading and Literacy Added Authorization: 12 units.
- Format: Combination of face-to-face and distance learning. In-class meetings are from 4:30-9 p.m., one night per week for a duration of 8 weeks.
- Completion time:
- M.A. in Education: 18-24 months
- Each stand-alone program: 1-2 semesters
- Location: Regional centers in Mission Valley - San Diego, Bakersfield, and Inland Empire.
- Transfer work: Candidates may transfer up to 6 units of approved graduate level coursework to this program.
For Further Information
A Graduate Enrollment Counselor is available to answer questions about the admissions process, priority application dates and requirements.
KEY CONTACTS BY LOCATION
BakersfieldNatalie Ramirez, Graduate Enrollment Counselor email@example.com (661) 377-4721
Mission Valley (San Diego)Amanda Bolton, Graduate Enrollment Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 563-2810