- California Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs) (Full Text)
- California Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs) (At a glance)
English Learner Resources
Students with Special Needs Resources
- All Kinds of Minds - All Kinds of Minds is a non-profit Institute that helps students who struggle with learning measurably improve their success in school and life by providing programs that integrate educational, scientific, and clinical expertise.
- Reach Every Child - Get help teaching special needs students.
- New Horizons - An organization who's role has always been to give visibility to effective teaching and learning practices and ideas that have not yet reached the mainstream, and to work in coordination with other reputable networks and learning communities.
Sample Chapters from Carol Ann Tomlinson on Differentiation:
- Carol Ann Tomlinson. The Differentiated Classroom: Responding to the Needs of All Learners (1999)
- Carol Ann Tomlinson and Caroline Cunningham Eidson. Differentiation in Practice: A Resource Guide for Differentiating Curriculum, Grades K-5 (2003)
- Carol Ann Tomlinson and Caroline Cunningham Eidson. Differentiation in Practice: A Resource Guide for Differentiating Curriculum, Grades 5-9 (2003)
- Carol Ann Tomlinson and Cindy A. Strickland. Differentiation in Practice: A Resource Guide for Differentiating Curriculum, Grades 9-12 (2005)
- Carol Ann Tomlinson. Fulfilling the Promise of the Differentiated Classroom: Strategies and Tools for Responsive Teaching (2003)
- Carol Ann Tomlinson. How to Differentiate Instruction in Mixed-Ability Classrooms, 2nd Edition (2001)
- Carol Ann Tomlinson and Jay McTighe. Integrating Differentiated Instruction & Understanding by Design: Connecting Content and Kids (2006)
Article: Educational Leadership Reconcilable Differences? Standards-Based Teaching and Differentiation: Standards-based instruction and differentiated learning can be compatible approaches in today's classrooms.
Reading Rockets - Differentiated instruction occurs when teachers respond to academic differences among learners in the classroom. Read these articles for more information.