Student Success & Wellness at Point Loma Nazarene University offers programs and services in the Wellness Center that enable students to participate and be educated in the physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and social health aspects of wellness. The Wellness Center focuses on emotional, physical health and preventive health education by providing brief medical and counseling services and wellness education for undergraduate students at PLNU. Our priority is to assist students in maintaining a high level of health and wellness as they accomplish their educational, personal, spiritual and career goals.
Health Services include:
- Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse consultation on health issues
- Assessment of illness or injury
- TB testing
- Immunizations (Tdap, Meningitis, MMR, Hepatitis A, and Seasonal Influenza vaccine)
- Travel medications (Based on Center for Disease Control recommendations)
- Referrals to local health care providers (for students with chronic medical, physical or psychological diagnoses it is strongly recommended that students connect with local health care providers and the PLNU Disability Resource Center prior to the start of the semester. Our staff can assist you with referral information for local practitioners; contact 619-849-2574 for more information).
Counseling Services include:
- Assessment of depression, anxiety and other mental health related issues
- Crisis intervention
- Training and educational workshops
- Individual counseling
- Group Counseling
Outreach Education Activities:
- Provides educational programming regarding mental health issues and healthy living lifestyle choices
- Utilizes networking with departments and offices across campus to provide coordinated outreach activities
- Student oriented education program
- Connects students to on campus resources
The Wellness Center is located on the first floor of the Nicholson Commons building. Our office hours during the school year are: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Contact us at 619-849-2574.
In the event of an emergency call Public Safety at 619-849-2525.