Student Success & Wellness at Point Loma Nazarene University offers programs and services in the Wellness Center that enable students to participate and be educated in the physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and social health aspects of wellness. The Wellness Center focuses on emotional, physical health and preventive health education by providing brief medical and counseling services and wellness education for undergraduate students at PLNU. Our priority is to assist students in maintaining a high level of health and wellness as they accomplish their educational, personal, spiritual and career goals.
Health Services include:
- Professional Medical Team (Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurse and Supervising Physician)
- Assessment of illness or injury
- TB testing
- Travel medications (Based on Center for Disease Control recommendations)
- Referrals to local health care providers
Counseling Services include:
- Assessment of depression, anxiety and other mental health related issues
- Crisis intervention
- Training and educational workshops
- Individual counseling
- Group Counseling
- Disability Life Skills Coaching
- Referrals to local practitioners
The Wellness Center is located on the first floor of the Nicholson Commons building. Our office hours during the school year are: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:00pm. Contact us at 619-849-2574.
In the event of an emergency call Public Safety at 619-849-2525.