Student Immunization Requirements
Prompt submission of copies of current immunization records is required for students enrolled at PLNU. Immunization records must be on file in the Wellness Center prior to the start of the semester. Current records should show that the student has recieved the required immunizations listed below.
- Tetanus-Diptheria-Acellular Pertussis (Tdap must be within the last 10 years)
- MMR-Measles, Mumps, Rubella (verification of 2 doses for students born after 1956)
- Current Tuberculosis (TB) screening (within the past year)
- Meningitis - Menactra®
- Hep B vaccine - series of 3 doses
- Varicella vaccine - series of 2 doses (or titer if student had disease)
- Completed Childhood Polio Series
Students who do not complete the process to submit records containing required immunizations risk significant delays in registration for classes and housing. You can choose to upload scanned copies or photos (see instructions below) or you can submit copies via fax, email or US Mail to the PLNU Wellness Center (3900 Lomaland Drive, San Diego, CA 91206).
To upload scanned copies or photos of current immunization records:
- Login to my.pointloma.edu
- Click on "Students" tab
- Click on "Wellness Center" in left hand navigation
- Click on "Upload Wellness Center Documents"
If you experience difficulty with the immunization upload feature in the student portal, please email documents to SDWellnessCenter@pointloma.edu or fax them to 619-849-7014. Please include student ID number on documents.
The following immunizations are available at PLNU Wellness Center (see fees, prices subject to change):
- $65 Tetanus-Diptheria-Acellular Pertussis (Tdap)
- $145 Meningitis (Menactra®)
- $85 ea. MMR Booster
- $65 ea. Hepatitis B
- $25 PPD testing (Tuberculosis)
- Flu shot (Seasonal - Price TBD)
If you do not or have not received immunizations due to personal, religious or verifiable medical reasons, please submit an exemption form.