PLNU offers a minimum level of public safety. When necessary, PLNU shall have the right to obtain additional security in which case the charges shall be the responsibility of the Guest Group.
Instructions should an incident or other emergency arise:
· If the emergency involves personal injury, stabilize but do not move the victim.
· If the emergency is life threatening, dial 911 from any campus phone.
· For any less serious incidents, you may call Public Safety at (619) 849-2525.
· Wait for the emergency team to arrive. They are best suited to provide emergency medical attention.
· Public Safety should be contacted at (619) 849-2525 once the situation is under control in order to complete an incident report for PLNU records.
For other serious illnesses, etc., Urgent Care and More (619-225-6200) and Sharp Cabrillo Hospital (619-221-3400) are located approximately four miles from campus on Midway Drive west of Rosecrans.
In the event that one of your guests appears to be missing, contact your leadership and friends to ascertain when he or she was last seen and what he or she was wearing. It may also be helpful to know the participant’s mood (angry, upset, homesick, etc.). Check the residence hall to see if clothing or baggage has been taken.
If the person is not located, obtain the assistance of Conference Services and Public Safety to search the campus. If the missing person is not found after a reasonable time, Public Safety will contact the local police.
San Diego ordinances mandate a 10:00 p.m. curfew for persons under the age of eighteen (18) unless accompanied by an adult. In addition, PLNU observes quiet hours from 11:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. Since your group will be sharing the campus with other groups, summer students, and faculty, please schedule your events so that all of your guests will be off of the campus or in their own assigned residence hall rooms and quiet at 11:00 p.m.
The Guest Group Leader is responsible for the conduct of their guests while on campus. Any damage resulting from guest activity, whether intentional or accidental, is the responsibility of the Guest Group Leader.
Typically, any fees assessed to pay for damage will be based upon a fair estimate for repair. Certain activities, however, will result in predetermined fees as follows:
· Lost keys not turned in at check-out ($20)
· Lost meal cards not turned in at check-out ($10)
· Smoking/fumigation charges per room ($50)*
· Setting off fire alarm ($100)*
· Discharging fire extinguishers ($50)*
· Window screen removal or tampering ($50)*
*Fee charged in addition to actual repair costs if device damaged.
All other damage caused by the Guest Group not listed above will be added to the final bill.