Applying for Aid
Applying for Aid
We have many resources for you that will make the financial aid process much less daunting. Plus, Point Loma Nazarene University’s Office of Student Financial Services is here to help. If you have questions, read on to find more information about applying for financial aid at PLNU!
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
Review PLNU’s financial aid deadlines as some types of aid may require you to apply to PLNU and file FAFSA by a certain date.
- Financial aid doesn't have to be confusing! Do not hesitate to contact us with your questions.
Complete your FAFSA online at fafsa.gov by March 2nd to be eligible for the most state, federal, and institutional aid available. Although March 2nd is our priority deadline, students can file a FAFSA anytime during the academic year.
- PLNU’s federal code is 001262.
- Undocumented students should complete the CA Dream Act Application here: www.caldreamact.org
- Use your legal name on all documents.
- Institutional academic scholarships do not require a FAFSA to be filed.
- We highly recommend that all students file a FAFSA.
Submit your GPA Verification Form (required for Cal Grant, which is for California residents only).
- First, check with your high school as most schools can send your GPA information electronically.
- The GPA Verification Form must be submitted by March 2nd.
- You do not need to complete this form if you received a Cal Grant last year.
Estimated Financial Aid Award Letters are sent out in mid March. The Estimated Award Letter includes PLNU's Cost of Attendance (COA) as well as the estimated awards for the coming year. Incoming students will receive their first award letter via mail, all other students will receive award letter via email.
- If you feel that the Estimated Award Letter is incorrect, then please contact the SFS Office. We are happy to help!
- Your Estimated Award letter is subject to change
Review your account and complete any additional paperwork that is requested by the SFS office. Be sure to check your PLNU email as most communication will be via your PLNU email address.
- PLNU offers payment plans for those who would like to use one. Read about the options here.
- To discover your eligibility for financial aid and estimate possible out-of-pocket expenses, use our Net Price Calculator. We hope that you will see that an education at PLNU is affordable and worth the investment.