The California Dream Act of 2011 allows undocumented and documented students who meet the requirements to apply for and receive CA state financial aid.  


  • Students who have attended a CA high school for a minimum of three years
  • Students who graduate from a CA high school or pass the CA High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or get a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
  • Enroll in an accredited and qualified CA college or university
  • Fill out an affidavit to legalize immigration status as soon as eligible

Students can apply online for a Cal Grant and other state aid using the CA Student Aid Commission's secure CA Dream Act Application at  Apply for a Cal Grant by March 2nd.  


Your CA Dream Act application information is not shared with federal databases.  Dream Act student and parent information is protect by the same privacy and information security laws and safeguards as all other Cal Grant Applicants.