Payment Plan (TIP)
Tuition Installment Plan
What is PLNU's Tuition Installment Plan (TIP)?
The Tuition Installment Plan helps families of undergraduate students by dividing educational costs into multiple payments per semester without accruing interest or late fees as long as the budget covers the current semester's charges and payments are made on time, according to the contracted amounts.
How do I enroll?
To enroll in the TIP, log into your Student or Parent Portal and under "Student Financial Services" click on "Enroll in a Tuition Installment Plan" and follow the online instructions. You can also watch the instructional video below for further assistance with the set-up of your TIP. There is an enrollment fee of $40 per semester plan. Please note: The enrollment fee is non-refundable.
What year/semester plans are available?
|Fall Semester Plans||Spring Semester Plans|
|5 Month: June 5th/20th- October 5th/20th||5 Month: November 5th/20th- March 5th/20th|
|4 Month: July 5th/20th- October 5th/20th||4 Month: December 5th/20th- March 5th/20th|
How can I pay?
Direct debit: Your checking account will be automatically debited on the 5th or the 20th of the month according to the payment plan that you select.
Where do I find the costs to calculate my budget?
PLNU's 2015-2016 tuition, fees, and room & board charges can be found here.
How do I confirm that my TIP budget is sufficient?
What else do I need to know?
- The enrollment fee is non-refundable.
- Only semester charges billed through Student Accounts can be included in your TIP budget. Semester charges include: tuition, housing, meal plans, mandatory fees, health insurance, and course fees. Books cannot be included.
- Non-budgeted items such as library fees, wellness center charges, parking fees, chapel fines, and dormitory fines should be paid directly to PLNU.
- Returned payments will be charged a $25 service fee.
- Failure to budget correctly may result in late fees being assessed.
- PLNU's Tuition Installment Plan comes with insurance, which is included in the enrollment fee. To find out more about the insurance coverage, click here.
Please use this Tuition Installment Plan Worksheet in conjuction with your statement to determine the amount of your TIP for the fall/spring semester. This is for your reference only and does not need to be returned to SFS.