Yellow Ribbon Program
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the highest public in-state tuition rate. Point Loma Nazarene University will match up to $10,000 of remaining tuition and fees charged after the primary Chapter 33 tuition benefit has been certified and verified by the VA for the school year.
After consulting with the VA and determining your maximum eligibility rate, only those with a 100% benefit rate may receive this funding. Therefore, a student may be eligible if:
- 100% eligible for Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and a veteran.
- Eligible dependent for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill based on the active duty service member or veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above. (Child dependents eligible. Spouse dependents excluded).
- Active duty service members are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
- Must be accepted for admission by PLNU for the upcoming academic year, are an applied student or in good academic standing as a returning student. Applied and returning students must be registered as a full time student at the time the award is disbursed.
PLNU Yellow Ribbon Grants will be awarded to undergraduate and graduate students whose tuition and fees exceed the VA cap for the Post 9/11 GI Bill for the applicable academic year.
- A valid Certificate of Eligibility from the Veterans Administration verifying 100% eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program is required.
If you believe you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, please contact the Veteran Services Department by emailing email@example.com.
There are unlimited Yellow Ribbon Grants offered by Point Loma Nazarene University.
Yellow Ribbon Program monies are only awarded in the spring term. At this time, if you are 100% eligible, your Post 9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program monies will cover 100% of your fall and spring semester eligible tuition and fee charges and may extend into the summer term if you choose to attend.
Example: for the 16/17 academic year, there will be a total of $21,970 (Post 9/11) + up to $20,000 (Yellow Ribbon) for *eligible tuition and fees.
*VA will only cover tuition and fees that are required for your degree completion.