Merit Based Awards
Our Merit Awards, based on GPA and test scores, are available to freshmen and transfer students who are high achievers in the classroom, and range from $12,000 to full tuition awards. Students can also get aid based on involvements (including athletics, speech and debate, music) as well as financial need! Students are expected to contact the applicable department to apply for the involvement scholarships mentioned above.
PLNU Merit Scholarships 2017-2018 Academic Year (for incoming freshmen only)
- Honor's Scholarship: Full tuition (Competitive, Awarded by Office of Admissions)
- President's Scholarship: $18,000 (4.0 GPA and SAT score greater or equal to 1450 or ACT greater or equal to 32)
- Trustee's Scholarship: $14,000 (3.8 GPA and SAT greater or equal to 1300 or ACT greater or equal to 28)
- Provost's Scholarship: $12,000 (3.7 GPA and SAT greater or equal to 1200 or ACT greater or equal to 25)
PLNU Transfer Merit Scholarships 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Transfer Merit 6: $6000 (Transfer GPA greater or equal to 3.30-3.59)
- Transfer Merit 8: $8000 (Transfer GPA greater or equal to 3.6)
Merit scholarships are awarded to students who have a minimum of a 3.7 weighted grade point average and an 1200 SAT (Math and Critical Reading) or 25 ACT composite. If a student is above these minimum eligibility scores, they will be informed of their scholarship award by the admissions office at PLNU. Please call your admissions counselor for more information.
Students are able to qualify for a Provost’s, Trustee’s or President’s Scholarship throughout the entire application process. That means that students are able to submit SAT/ACT scores through their last offering (June 2017) and final high school transcripts and still receive the award for which they qualify. The University Honors Scholarship, as a competitive award, is only awarded in February. All students who quality for President’s Scholarships by February 1st will be considered for the University Honors Scholarship. The University Honors Scholarship does not require a separate application, and are awarded based purely on academic merit.
All PLNU Academic Scholarships are able to be renewed for all four years that you're a PLNU student. Students are guaranteed their scholarship for their first two years, and after that, a 3.4 college GPA must be maintained in order to renew your Academic Scholarship with the exception of Bresee which requires a 3.2 cumalitive GPA for renewal.