It is important to note that the Department of Education randomly selects students who have completed the FAFSA for a process called verification. Therefore, if you are selected for verification, you were selected by the Department of Education, not PLNU, but you must verify the requested information by turning in paperwork to the SFS Office at PLNU.
If selected for verification:
- You may be required to verify information such as, but not limited to income and taxes paid, number in household and number in college, child support paid, SNAP, high school graduation, and identity.
- The PLNU Student Financial Services Office will notify you if you have been selected for verification, once you have filed your FAFSA.
- If you are a returning PLNU student, you are required to submit all requested forms and tax information (see below for recommendations) before you are awarded financial aid. If you are a new PLNU student, you are required to submit all requested forms and tax information (see below for recommendations) before aid can be disbursed to your account.
- The PLNU SFS Office sends email notifications that will let you know what forms and information is needed in order for you to complete verification.
- If verification is not completed by the first day of school or by a specified deadline, any Federal aid, State aid, and Institutional need-based aid, may be removed from your awards.