How to Give
There are several ways to support Point Loma Nazarene University, and no matter the size or avenue, your gift will make a real impact.
Have security for your own future and leave a legacy that will impact generations to come. Built on rich, tradition, Point Loma Nazarene University is shaping students who are committed to causes beyond themselves. The world needs people who are balanced in their approach to issues, grounded in faith in Christ, and prepared to make an impact on the world.
Whatever aspect of PLNU interests you, it's easy to find a way to give!
Here are several ways of giving to PLNU:
Cash- A cash gift of any size can help support PLNU students and programs. Cash gifts to PLNU are tax-deductible. It's easy to give now.
Marketable Securities - Securities such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds can be donated to benefit PLNU programs and students. If you have publicly traded stock or mutual funds that have increased in value since you acquired them, you can receive a double benefit by donating your shares. Not only will you receive a charitable deduction for their current value, but you will also avoid having to pay capital gains tax on the increased worth. It's easy to give now.
- Real Estate and Gifts in Kind - Non-cash gifts that can provide you with charitable tax deductions include residential, commercial, or undeveloped real estate; interest in a closely held or family business; and personal property such as artwork, equipment, and books.
- Planned Gifts - Planning now can help you ensure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes when the time comes. Many tools are available to help you provide for your family and leave a legacy through charitable contributions.
- Wills and Trusts - Wills and trusts ensure that your wishes are followed, and trusts can also prevent your estate from passing through the expensive probate process. Many people choose to name PLNU as a beneficiary of their estate.
- Lifetime Gifts - Contributing planned gifts during your lifetime allows you to give and receive at the same time. Perhaps the most significant benefit of making a lifetime gift is the opportunity to see the results of your donation.
- Deferred Gifts - There are a variety of ways to give a planned gift. Some donors might even prefer to, for example, give an asset such as real estate but retain the right to use it. The donor receives an immediate tax benefit, but the gift is deferred.
Tax ID #95-1644035