About Our Office
The Student Employment Office is located on the upper level of Ryan Learning Center, in Suite 306, within The Offices of Strengths and Vocation.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Debra Lively, Employment and Internship Coordinator
Phone: (619) 849-2633
Fax: (619) 849-2769
Emails: DebraLively@pointloma.edu or email@example.com
Supervisors’ online resource: www.pointloma.edu/SESupervisor
Students’ online resource: www.pointloma.edu/Work
Services We Offer
- On-campus job listings, both Federal Work Study and non-Federal Work Study positions
- Off-campus job listings from local small businesses, schools, private citizens, and many others (both full-time and part-time)
- On-campus temporary work (Work Corps)
- Off-campus temporary work (i.e. childcare, yard work, etc.)
- Internship postings
- Help finalizing résumés, honing interviewing skills, and finding the right job
For On Campus Supervisors:
- Training and support on PeopleAdmin which is the program used for posting on-campus employment opportunities
- “Work Corps” Temporary Service—a pool of student employees from which you can draw for odd jobs or short-term assignments
- Information and advice on hiring, conflict resolution, and other concerns you may experience with your student employees
Student Employment Website
We have completely updated both the appearance and organization of the Student Employment web site, making it easier to navigate. The site is now specifically tailored to its various constituent groups: students, employers, and alumni. Under the 'Employers' section, you will be able to find a link to post your job online and the information found in this handbook, updated as needed. You can also refer your student workers to the website under the 'Students' section for information on searching and applying for jobs, and for a detailed discussion of their rights and responsibilities as student employees.
The URL is: www.pointloma.edu/career or www.pointloma.edu/OSV.