- Program Units
- Average Completion Time
- 2 1/2 - 3 years
- Cost Per Unit
- Program Delivery Format
- 5-day classroom seminars 4 times a year
- Point Loma Campus
Master of Ministry
PLNU’s Master of Ministry (M.Min.) program has been redesigned with students in mind! Combining a strong ministry component with high quality academics, PLNU’s M.Min. is ideal for both practicing and aspiring pastors and other ministry leaders.
With your M.Min. from PLNU, you will be prepared to be a strong leader whose preaching and teaching impact your congregation or ministry. You will better understand how to lead a missional church and how Wesleyan theology can inform your contemporary ministry. Your core courses will teach you about Christian formation, Scripture, the Church in mission, and Christian tradition—all with a focus on application in local ministry.
Master of Divinity
Through a unique partnership between PLNU and NTS, you can now earn your Master of Divinity without moving to Kansas City!
The Master of Divinity will prepare students for pastoral and spiritual leadership in congregations and other settings. The program provides students with a range of exposure in theological study, the practice of ministry in various contexts, personal formation and more.
For more information or to find out how to apply to the Master of Divinity program, contact Matthew Bishop in graduate admissions > email@example.com
This page will guide you through the application checklist. Please note, however, that the application fee is waived for Master of Ministry applicants. Therefore you are not required to submit an application fee. Please be sure to mail all necessary application materials (including Master of Ministry program-specific materials) to the address provided on the Application Process page.
Admissions Requirements for Master of Ministry Program:
Please complete and submit all general graduate application materials. These materials can be found on the Application Process page, where you will also find the address to which you should send these materials.
Application Checklist and Program Eligibility:
- Applicants are required provide two confidential letters of recommendation. You will find the Letter of Recommendation form on the Application Process page.
- One letter should be from a professor under whom you have studied
- The other letter should be from someone who has knowledge of your character, such as a minister or employer
- Applicants are required to submit a writing sample which includes a statement of commitment to Christian values and to excellence in scholarship.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts indicating an approved undergraduate degree. Applications may also submit official transcripts for any completed graduate work.
We are eager to answer your questions and provide further information. Contact Matthew Bishop in Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-563-2863 for assistance.
School of Theology & Christian Ministry
For specific information about the theology and ministry graduate programs, please visit the School of Theology & Christian Ministry website or request more information about the program.
Graduate Studies: Ministry Videos
Find out what PLNU graduate students have to say about the ministry graduate program.