- Program Units
- Average Completion Time
- 2 1/2 - 3 years
- Cost Per Unit
- Program Delivery Format
- 4-day classroom seminars 4-to-5 times year
- Point Loma Campus
As a spiritual leader in a changing culture, you face complex challenges daily. You sense a need for new initiatives, new skills, and knowledge that will match the great issues of life in our world today. Point Loma Nazarene University offers you and your colleagues in ministry a chance to put your heads and hearts together to struggle with real issues and search out practical solutions.
The Master of Ministry program has been specifically designed for working pastors and lay leaders. As a participant in the program, you will examine a variety of subjects related directly to ministry, biblical study, theological reflection, leadership, and more. Courses are offered four times a year in weeklong intensives coupled with pre- and post-course assignments.
This page will guide you through the application checklist. Please note, however, that the application fee is waived for Master of Ministry applicants. Therefore you are not required to submit an application fee. Please be sure to mail all necessary application materials (including Master of Ministry program-specific materials) to the address provided on the Application Process page.
Admissions Requirements for Master of Ministry Program:
Please complete and submit all general graduate application materials. These materials can be found on the Application Process page, where you will also find the address to which you should send these materials.
Application Checklist and Program Eligibility:
- Applicants are required provide two confidential letters of recommendation. You will find the Letter of Recommendation form on the Application Process page.
- One letter should be from a professor under whom you have studied
- The other letter should be from someone who has knowledge of your character, such as a minister or employer
- Applicants are required to submit a writing sample which includes a statement of commitment to Christian values and to excellence in scholarship.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts indicating an approved undergraduate degree. Applications may also submit official transcripts for any completed graduate work.
- Applicants need to have completed one year of full-time Christian ministry service or the equivalent and have a current ministry context.
We are eager to answer your questions and provide further information. Contact Claire Buckley in Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 619-563-2846 for assistance.
School of Theology & Christian Ministry
For specific information about the theology and ministry graduate programs, please visit the School of Theology & Christian Ministry website or request more information about the program.