Master of Ministry
PLNU’s Master of Ministry (M.Min.) program has been redesigned with students in mind! Combining a strong ministry component with high quality academics, PLNU’s M.Min. is ideal for both practicing and aspiring pastors and other ministry leaders.
Why earn your Master of Ministry?
With your M.Min. from PLNU, you will be prepared to be a strong leader whose preaching and teaching impact your congregation or ministry. You will better understand how to lead a missional church and how Wesleyan theology can inform your contemporary ministry. Your core courses will teach you about Christian formation, Scripture, the Church in mission, and Christian tradition—all with a focus on application in local ministry.
Why choose PLNU?
Academic and practical strength
- PLNU’s Master of Ministry combines strong theological teaching with the highly practical. The M.Min brings you together with other practicing and aspiring pastors and ministry leaders to learn and be in community. It is also excellent preparation for further academic study.
- Courses include a Wesleyan emphasis, but all Christian traditions are invited and will be well served by the program. In fact, hospitality of ideas and other traditions is an important part of a Wesleyan perspective.
- Recent graduates who have not yet gained ministry experience are welcome in our program. PLNU also affirms and welcomes women in ministry or interested in ministry.
- At just $200 a unit, PLNU’s M.Min. is among the lowest cost accredited programs of its kind. Scholarships are also available.
- You can complete your M.Min. at PLNU in two years (although many students choose to spread their coursework out over three years). Admission is on a rolling basis, so you may begin during fall, spring, or summer. The curriculum is divided into weeklong intensive units that invite a strong sense of bonding among participants. The intensives allow you to focus on deep and meaningful learning in blocks of time that work with your schedule. You will also complete pre- and post-course assignments and will have the option to choose some electives offered in other formats.
Request informationClaire Buckley Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions (619) 563-2846 ClaireBuckley@pointloma.edu
In fall 2014, Nazarene Theological Seminary (NTS) will offer a Master of Divinity degree program in cooperation with PLNU.* Students will be able to earn their M.Div. from NTS while taking all their coursework at PLNU or through distance learning options.
*Subject to final approval by the Association of Theological Schools and the NTS Board of Trustees.