Horticulture and Grounds
PLNU uses a unique collection of plants, including native California plants to enhance the natural beauty of the campus and encourage a environment conducive to learning.
The Horticulture & Grounds Department, a part of the Campus Facilities, is in charge of all planting design - the look and feel of the PLNU campus. This 90-acre campus is divided into several service areas. Each service area has been assigned to a group of groundskeepers to maintain & improve the quality of the landscape.
Horticulture & Grounds Department services:
- Preserve, rejuvenate, and improve the landscape around campus
- Plant care, relocation, and removal (when necessary)
- Maintain the use of California native plants into PLNU landscape design
- Oversee care of Campus urban forest
- Maintain Campus streets and walkways
- Manage and maintain the PLNU Nursery
- Maintain a small-equipment shop
- Provide presentation plants for events