Dr. Randal Schober began at PLNU in 2009 as an adjunct faculty member before becoming a full-time associate professor of management in 2014. He came to PLNU with over 20 years of experience in for-profit and not-for-profit executive leadership and entrepreneurship. As the former executive director of SurfAid, he provided much-needed humanitarian programs to remote islands in Indonesia. Schober also gained valuable experience while serving as the founder and executive director for HeadNorth, director of education for EFI Sports Medicine (TotalGym), and exercise physiologist at Sharp Memorial Hospital. During his time at PLNU, he has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in entrepreneurship and international business, has been involved in a number of Fermanian School of Business committees, currently serves on PLNU's Faculty Governance Committee, and is the lead faculty advisor for the Entrepreneurship Club. In addition to his teaching and committee involvement, Schober is a current board member for several local San Diego nonprofit organizations and has focused his research on innovation and entrepreneurship, presenting at the last two USASBE annual conferences.
- Postdoctorate Education, Entrepreneurship & International Business, University of Florida
- Ed.D., Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University
- M.S., Human Development, West Virginia University
- B.Ed., Physical Education and Science, University of South Australia
- Leading with Integrity - BUS 6048
- Contemporary Management in a Competitive World - BUS 6060
- New Venture Creation – BUS 6076
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset – BUS 6072
- Management of Not for Profit Organizations - BUS 6090
- Creativity and Innovation - MGT 3081
- Applied Entrepreneurship – MGT 3082
- International Business – BUS 4080
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Professor of Management, 2019 – Present
- RandalSchober.com, Founder and CEO, 2017 – Present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Professor of Management, 2014 – 2019
- SurfAid USA, Executive Director, 2010 – 2014
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Professor, 2009 – 2014
- Headnorth, Executive Director, 2007 – 2010
- Avviso LLC , Founder and CEO, 2004 – 2007
- EFI Sports Medicine, Director of Education, 2000 – 2004
- Sharp Memorial Hospital, Exercise Physiologist, 1998 – 2000
- University of North Carolina Wilmington, Assistant Professor of Health Education, 1996 – 1997
- West Virginia University, Graduate Assistant and Researcher, 1992 – 1996
Professional and Community Involvement
- Innovation and Technology Committee, Scholarship Chair, 2019 – Present
- FSB's Undergraduate Committee, Member, 2018 – Present
- FSB's Experiential Learning Task Force, Member, 2018 – Present
- Management Faculty Search Committee, Member, 2016 – Present
- Faculty Governance Committee, Member, 2016 – 2017
San Diego International Sisters Cities Association, Associate Board Member, 2016 – Present
Fund Your Future, Board of Directors, 2015 –Present
- Fermanian School of Business (FSB) MBA Committee, Member, 2014 – Present
- FSB's Launch Point Club, Faculty Advisor, 2014 – Present
- Gallup StrengthsQuest, Coach, 2014 – Present
Intercollegiate Athletic Committee, Members, 2017 –2018
FSB's Business Innovation Committee, Member, 2016 – 2018
FSB's Global Initiatives Committee, Member, 2016 – 2018
- Business School Core Initiative, Member, 2014 – 2016
- Enrollment Management Committee, Member, 2015 – 2016
- MBA Committee, Member, 2014 – 2016
- PLNU Entrepreneurship Advisee Committee, Member, 2014 – 2016
- Entrepreneur Club, Advisor, 2011 – 2013
- Fermanian Business and Economic Institute (FBEI) Advisory Board, Member, 2010 – 2014
- Entrepreneur Enrichment Program (EEP), Mentor, 2009 – 2012
- California Business Leadership Network, Speaker
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Schober, R. P. & Marshall, F. (2020, January). Competition Targets Your Product … Now What Do You Do? Competitive Experiential Exercise presented at the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Schober, R. (2018, October). Introducing the 'What-A-Venture' Innovation Software Platform. Presentation at the Magna Teaching with Technology Conference, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Schober, R. (2018, January). Validating the 'What-A-Venture' On-line Tool. Presentation at the United States Association of Small Business Entrepreneurship Annual Conference (USASBE). Los Angeles, CA.
- Schober, R. (October, 2017). The Christian Entrepreneur. Poster Presentation at the Christian Faculty Business Association (CBFA) Conference.
- Schober R. (June, 2017). Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset. Presentation at the Western Healthcare Alliance, Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Ressler, J. & Schober, R. (2016, January). Embedding Innovation: PCI Innovation Case Study. Presentation at United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Conference, San Diego, California.
- Schober, R. (2016, January). Accessing Autonomy and Entrepreneurial Orientation at Three Managerial Levels. Presentation at United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Conference, San Diego, California.
- Schober, R. (2015, January). Inspiring Entrepreneurship on a College Campus. Presentation at United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Conference, Tampa Bay, Florida.