PLNU’s Tutorial Center provides academic enrichment resources to help traditional undergraduate students manage the demands of multiple course requirements.
The Tutorial Center is here to help! Tutorial Services is an integral part of the overall mission of PLNU in that it supports and nurtures the development of the student as an active and independent learner. Our goal is to provide resources and opportunities that teach the skills and strategies that help students become independent and active learners while promoting academic and personal success.
Peer Tutoring sessions with faculty-recommended PLNU tutors include Individual (1:1 session) and Small Group.
Review Sessions held by selected departments.
Academic Coaching is available to help students increase study skills, learn time management tools, and much more.
Tutor Match (PLNU student tutors after-hours) and online Live Help.
To request appointments with PLNU tutors:
Click on the "Schedule an Appointment" button and select Tutor Match. Choose from the specific courses that are listed (we don't offer tutoring for all courses). During Tutorial Services operating hours (see below), all appointments are in-person and located on the first floor of Ryan Library. Outside of these hours, tutoring sessions are online via Brainfuse Tutor Match.
Please note: Students may request one tutoring appointment per week, per course and only one week in advance.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about the available opportunities.
- If working as a tutor will be your first campus job, please visit the Student Employment website, and review the section, Preparing for Your First Campus Job.
- To become a tutor, you must meet these requirements:
- Current GPA of 3.5+
- 1 year of attendance at PLNU
- Transfers: 1 semester completed at PLNU
- Earned an A- or higher in the course you wish to tutor
- Professor Recommendation
Graduate and Accelerated Undergraduate students should contact the Center for Student Success email@example.com for information on tutorial services available to them.