Dr. Beth Sullivan has been a practicing occupational therapist for over 35 years. Her areas of clinical specializations focus on providing treatment for adults and older adults who have low vision, have sustained neurological damage, are unable to drive safely anymore, and/or are falling frequently due to age related changes. Dr. Sullivan has been a full-time faculty for the past 7 years teaching in both occupational therapy assistant (OTA) and graduate occupational therapy students (MSOT). She was the Program Director for a new OTA program and is currently the Program Director for the developing MSOT Program at Point Loma. Outside of work, Dr. Sullivan enjoys singing at her church and in the LaJolla Symphony Chorus, riding her bicycle, taking her dog for long walks, and hiking.
- Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD), University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
- M.S. Rehabilitation Administration, DePaul University
- B.S. Occupational Therapy
Experience in Field
- Research: Matter of Balance Fall Prevention, Culturally Responsive OT Treatment in Haiti
- Clinical Practice: OT clinician and administrator in urban and suburban medical centers in Chicagoland area
- Assistant Professor, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, 2018-2022
- Faculty & Program Director, Fox College 2015-2017
- Rush University, Adjunct Faculty, 2008
- University of Illinois at Chicago, 1992-1993
Professional and Community Involvement
- Co-Chair, San Diego Fall Prevention Task Force, Matter of Balance and Bingocize Older Adult Fall Prevention Trainer
- Coordinator from San Marcos Lutheran Church, for monthly meal distribution at Haven House, Interfaith, Escondido, CA
- Haiti Occupational Therapy Association Treasurer
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Professional Conference Presentations: OT Association of CA (2019, 2020); Illinois OT Association (2000, 2007, 2012, 2014-2016)
- Sullivan, B. (2017). Occupational therapy Haitian fact sheets [Unpublished doctoral dissertation]. University of St.Augustine for Health Sciences.
- Sullivan, B., & Stoykov.M. (2014). Getting road ready: Steps to establishing a driving rehabilitation program. OT Practice,19(10), 11-15.
- Intagliata S. & Sullivan B (1991). Development and implementation of the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago functional assessment scale. OT Practice, 2(2), 26-37.