Dr. Triebold earned his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Purdue University. Prior to doctoral work, he earned an M.S. in Mathematics from Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis and a B.S. in Mathematics from Olivet Nazarene University. He specializes in the modeling of biological systems. Dr. Triebold is also an MAA Project NExT fellow.
Dr. Triebold’s research interests lie in the development and use of computational models of fluid-solid interactions to better understand red blood cell motion in the microvasculature.
In his free time, Dr. Triebold enjoys hiking, reading, and baseball.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, Purdue University, West Lafayette
- M.S., Mathematics, Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis
- B.S., Mathematics, Olivet Nazarene University
- Business Calculus - MTH 1073
- Pre-Calculus - MTH 1033
Experience in Field
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Point Loma Nazarene University, 2022 – Present
- Mathematics Instructor, Lewis University, Romeoville, IL, 2022
- Mathematics Instructor, IUPUI, Indianapolis, IN, 2017 – 2020
Professional and Community Involvement
- Mathematics Association of America, 2022 - Present
Awards and Honors
- MAA Project NExT Fellow 2022
- IUPUI School of Science Graduate Student Teaching Award 2019
- IUPUI University Fellowship 2015
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- SIAM Conference on the Life Sciences, Pittsburgh, PA. The Effect of Porous Microvessel Linings on Red Blood Cell Behavior in Diverging Bifurcations, July 2022.
- SIAM Annual Meeting, Virtual, The Effects of the Endothelial Surface Layer on Red Blood Cell Dynamics in Microvessel Bifurcations, July 2021.
- APS Conference on the Interface of Mathematical Models and Experimental Biology, Interactions Between Pairs of Red Blood Cells in Microvascular Flows, September 2019.
- C. Triebold and J. Barber, Dependence of Red Blood Cell Dynamics in Microvessel Bifurcations on the Endothelial Surface Layer’s Resistance to Flow and Compression, Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, Vol. 21(3) pp. 771-796. 2022.
- C. Triebold, The Effects of the Endothelial Surface Layer on Red Blood Cell Dynamics in Microvessel Bifurcations, Purdue University Graduate School, Thesis, 2021.