- MSN, Concentration in Education, Point Loma Nazarene University
- BSN, Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada-Reno
- NSG 2050: Nursing of Individuals: Adaptation of Adult I
- NSG 2051: Nursing of Individuals: Clinical Practicum
- NSG 2060: Nursing of Individuals: Adult Health II
- NSG 2061: Nursing of Individuals: Clinical Practicum II
- NSG 3055: Mindful Self-Compassion
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA, 2016 – Present
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- COVID-19 Exposure / Follow-Up Testing
- Wellness Center – Research: Alcohol management and cessation among college students
- Health Promotion Clinic
- Sharp Coronado Hospital, Coronado, CA, 2016 – Present
- Medical-Surgical-Telemetry (MST) Unit
- Serves as a Charge RN, educator, preceptor, and mentor.
- Provides nursing care to general surgical patients, orthopedics, and bariatrics.
- Evaluates unit staff educational and skills-training competencies.
- Closely works with Senior Specialist Educator and management team in improving unit outcomes.
- Utilizes Six Sigma concept for unit process improvements.
- Employs the A3 approach in creating, developing, and implementing strategic initiatives for unit projects.
- Highly skilled in providing nursing care to end-stage liver disease patients.
- Competent in effectively initiating emergency medical procedures per hospital policy and procedures.
- Provides arrangements in nursing resources utilization, accountable in maximizing staff productivity, and staff/time efficiency.
- Proficient in providing excellent patient service recovery.
- Collaborative with other interdisciplinary teams to provide high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Renown Regional Medical Center, Reno, NV, 2014-2016Neuroscience Unit, Acute Medical/Surgical Unit, General Surgical Unit
- Effectively and proficiently maintained 5-7 patients within the NV nursing scope of practice.
- Provided care to patients requiring continuous cardiac monitoring.
- Educated patients on stroke education.
- Effectively collaborated with multiple interdisciplinary team members to help provide the best outcomes to patients.
- Provided discharge teaching regarding diabetes, heart failure, and pneumonia management.
- Provided patient-centered care in many multi-cultural patient populations.
- Effectively and competently provided care to patients suffering from acute traumatic injuries.
- Implemented rapid interventions for acutely ill post-op patients.
- Proficiently performed quality care for patients with spine, brain, thoracic, and abdominal surgeries.
Professional and Community Involvement
- University Heights Community Food Drive, October 2020
- University Heights Community Flu and COVID-19 Vaccination Drive, October 2020
- University Heights Community Flu Vaccination Initiative Planning, November 2020
Awards and Honors
- Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science, Nursing, BSN
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Arcega, J., Autman, I., Guzman, B.D., Isidienu, L., Olivar, J., O’Neal, M., and Surdilla, B. (2020). The Human Touch. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, (43(3), 294-302. Doi: 10.107/cnq.0000000000000314