Dr. Kimberly Hogelucht serves as a professor of business at Point Loma Nazarene University where she teaches business communication and directs business internships. Her expertise in helping college students develop the business and professional skills needed to secure employment and communicate effectively in the workplace has allowed her to serve a vital role in preparing her students for life beyond college. Kim holds a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies from the University of San Diego, M.A. in Speech Communication from San Diego State University, and B.A. in Speech Communication from Iowa State University. Most recently, she published the 2nd edition of her book entitled, “The Art of Resume Writing, Interviewing, & Networking.” In addition to several publications, she has written and delivered numerous award – winning papers and presentations at the national and international level on topics such as: strategies for engaging students, delivering professional presentations, creating custom resumes, interviewing effectively, and the benefits of informational interviews in the job search process. Kim currently serves on PLNU’s Rank & Tenure Committee and Faculty Council, as well as the assessment committee and strategic planning committee within the Fermanian School of Business. She also enjoys volunteering in the community where she helps prepare unemployed individuals to enter the work force. She resides in San Diego, CA with her husband and three children.
- Ph.D., Leadership Studies and Education Sciences, University of San Diego
- M.A., Speech Communication, San Diego State University
- B.A., Speech Communication, Iowa State University
- Administrative Communication – BUS 3013
- Business Internship – BUS 4089
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Professor of Business, 2006 – present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Business Education, 2018 - 2021
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Faculty, 1996 – 2006
- San Diego State University, Adjunct Faculty, 1994 – 2000
- University of San Diego, Adjunct Faculty, 1996 – 1999
- Mira Costa Community College, Adjunct Faculty, 1994 – 1998
- Grossmont Community College, Adjunct Faculty, 1998
- San Diego State University, Teaching Associate, 1992 – 1994
Professional and Community Involvement
- PLNU's Faculty Resource Committee, Chair, 2016 – present
- FSB's Assessment Committee, Chair, 2009 – present
- FSB's Undergraduate Committee, Member, 2009 – present
- FSB's Experiential Learning Committee, Member, 2016 – present
- Study Abroad Office Departure Orientation, Speaker, 2014 – present
- Student Success Collaborative, Member, 2014 – present
- Faculty Retirement Dinner, Coordinator, 2014 – present
- Graduate and Extended Studies Committee, Member, 2013 – 2016
- Faculty Council, Chair, 2014 – 2015
- Faculty Council, Vice Chair, 2013 – 2014
Awards and Honors
- Best Conference Paper, Christian Business Faculty Association Conference, San Diego, 2017
- Best Conference Paper, ACBSP International Conference in Barcelona, Spain, 2015
- Best Conference Paper, ACBSP International Conference in Athens, Greece, 2014
- Best Conference Presentation, ACBSP International Conference in Brussels, Belgium, 2013
- Teaching Excellence Award, ACBSP Region 7, 2012
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Hogelucht, K. S. Presentation (2017, November). "Teaching and Learning in an Appropriate Global Setting: Merging Content and Context." International Conference for the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), Toronto, Canada.
- Havens, B. & Hogelucht, K. S. (2017, October). "More than the bottom line: Infusing Biblical values into business content Using Devotions and Faith Reflections in an Online Environment." Christian Business Faculty Association Conference, San Diego, California.
- Hogelucht, K. S. & Marshall, L. (2017, April). "It Takes a Village:" A Look at One Department's Effort to Successfully Involve Its Faculty in the Important Process of Assessment. Presentation at the WSCUC Academic Resource Conference, San Diego, California.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2016, November). Preparing Business Students to Stand-Out in the Career Search Process by Leveraging Study Abroad Experience. Presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Cancun, Mexico.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2015, November). The Use of ePortfolios as a Creative Way of Displaying Knowledge and Experience in a Business Internship Class. Paper presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Barcelona, Spain.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2014, November). Unique Business Assignment Fosters "Partnerships" Between Students and Business Professionals Leading to Internship Offers and Career Affirmation. Paper presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Athens, Greece.
- Hogelucht, H. S. (2014, June). Strategies for Student Engagement and Retention in a Business Communication Hybrid Course Pilot. Presentation at ACBSP Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- Hogelucht, K. S. & Lehman, S. (2014 April). The Value of Effective ePortfolios. Presentation at WSCUC Academic Resource Conference, Los Angeles, California.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2013, November). Strategies for Student Engagement and Retention in a Business Communication Hybrid Course Pilot. Paper presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Brussels, Belgium.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2012). What I didn't learn in college: A field guide to employment for the college student. Saarbrücken, Germany: Lap Lambert Academic Publishing.