- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of California, Irvine
- M.S., Mathematics, University of California, Irvine
- B.A., Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley
- Differential Equations – MTH 3033
Experience in Field
- Adjunct Professor of Mathematics, Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA, 2014 – Present
- Scientist, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific, San Diego, CA, 2010 – Present
- Graduate Student Researcher, Funded by a National Science Foundation grant, "Nonlinear Diffusions and Image Processing", University of California Irvine, CA, 2008 – 2010
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- "Maritime vessel recognition in degraded satellite imagery," K. Rainey, S. Parameswaran, and J. Harguess, Proc SPIE, vol. 9090, 2014.
- "Characterization of sun glitter statistics in ocean video," K. Rainey and E. Hallenborg, SSC Pacific Technical Report, no. 2031, 2013.
- "Vessel classification in overhead satellite imagery using learned dictionaries," K. Rainey, S. Parameswaran, J. Harguess and J. Stastny, Proc SPIE, vol. 8499, 2012.
- "Object recognition in ocean imagery using feature selection and compressive sensing," K. Rainey and J. Stastny, Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop (AIPR), pp. 1-6, 2011.
- "Ship identification in cloudy satellite imagery: computer vision methods for cloud rejection," L. Barrington, S. Har-Noy, N. Ricklin, J. Stastny, K. Rainey, and H. Buck, Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop (AIPR), pp. 1-6, 2011.
- "Are face recognition methods useful for classifying ships?," J. Harguess and K. Rainey, Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop (AIPR), pp. 1-7, 2011.