PLNU is proud to offer graduate-level credit for your participation as a new teacher in a qualifying Induction program or in a support role of new or pre-service teachers. A reduced fee of $75 per unit is provided for this graduate credit, applicable to a PLNU Master’s degree.
- Credentialed Beginning Teachers working in a school district may earn 3 credits per year for completion of one or two years of a CTC-approved Beginning Teacher Induction Program satisfied through an approved School District or County Office of Education.
- Induction Mentors and Supervisors of Intern Teachers may earn a total of 3 credits for the CTC-required training and subsequent supervision of a beginning teacher or an intern teacher.
Clinical Practice Cooperating Teachers may earn a total of 3 credits for the CTC-required training and subsequent supervision of a pre-service teacher.
*Salary advancement based on university credit must always be approved by the school district and should not be assumed. Please verify before you purchase.
Qualifying Service (Must have been completed within three (3) years of the request for units.)
- Successful completion of at least one academic year of Induction as a beginning teacher (3 credits per year of participation, 6 credits maximum).
- Training for, and at least one year of service as, a Support Provider/Mentor to a teacher in Induction or to a teacher hired as an intern. Other formal mentoring program established at the district/school (3 credits maximum) may qualify if verified by the district served.
- Training for, and at least eight weeks of service as, a Cooperating Teacher/Guide Teacher to a pre-service teacher (3 credits maximum), verified by the university served.
Sending Evidence of Completion:
Be ready to upload the following documents using the yellow “Registration and Evidence Submission” button below:
- Induction Teachers — a copy of your Individual Learning Plan (ILP); an official certificate or letter of successful completion on district letterhead, and proof of payment for the units.
- Support Providers — a copy of your Induction Teacher’s or Intern Teacher's Individual Learning Plan (ILP); a brief written reflection of the specific improvements you saw in your beginning teacher’s practice, and proof of payment for the units.
- Cooperating Teachers — a copy of your Cooperating Teacher training certificate; verification from a school or district administrator of your completed service on letterhead, and proof of payment for the units.
Submissions that are missing evidence will not be processed.
Online Payment and Registration
Registration must occur 3 units at a time. If you have evidence of completion of two years of induction, and therefore can earn 6 units of credit, you will pay twice for 3 units each.
First, pay online using the button below. Capture the receipt so you can upload it in the next step.
*Note: The date on the induction/clinical practice placement event reflects the last day that you can register for credit in that semester. After that date, you would need to register for credit in the following semester instead.
Next, have your evidence ready and click the yellow button below.
Registration and Evidence Submission
Once payment and evidence has been received, we will send you a confirmation email and a link to request your official transcript.
For Additional Questions, Please Contact:
Dr. Conni Campbell