Professor Ryan Ermert earned a B.S. in Computer Science from University of California San Diego with an emphasis in Software Engineering. He also holds various IT certifications including Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) and Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT). While having coding experience with thick client and mobile development, he typically prefers full stack web development. An avid coder, Professor Ermert often browses Github for interesting open-source projects and tinkers with the latest and greatest web development frameworks. He is also passionate about cyber security, IT networking and IT governance. He began teaching to pass forward his own learnings from other professors and mentors.
Professor Ryan Ermert has taught software development in one form or another since 2018 at UCSD Extension and PLNU. He has also participated in various smaller teaching programs at USD. His hobbies include gaming, traveling, soccer and tennis.
- B.S., University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Web Design and Scripting - CIT 3064
- Web Programming - CIT 4014
- Visual Programming - CIT 4024
Experience in Field
- Adjunct Professor of Computer Information Technology, Point Loma Nazarene University, 2019-Present
- Cyber Security Engineer/Enterprise Network Manager & Architect, City of San Diego, 2018-Present
- Instructor of Web Development, University of California San Diego Extension, 2018-2021
- Programmer Designer, Kalloc Studios, 2017-2018