Dr. Michael Wiese joined PLNU in 2017 as a professor of marketing, teaching in the undergraduate and graduate business programs. He began his academic career in 1984 as an assistant professor of business at Olivet Nazarene University. He then began serving at Anderson University as an associate professor of marketing in 1990, becoming a full professor in 1996, teaching various marketing, ethics, and leadership courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. In 1992, Wiese founded Anderson University's M.B.A. program and led it to national accreditation through ACBSP. He became the director of undergraduate studies at Anderson in 2011, leading the creation of five new concentrations and championing three new majors. Wiese has received numerous awards throughout his academic career, including the CBFA and Robert A. Nicolson awards for teaching excellence. In addition to teaching and service to Anderson, he has completed numerous marketing consulting projects over the last several decades.
- Ph.D., Higher Education, Loyola University
- M.B.A., Oral Roberts University
- B.S., Management and Marketing, Olivet Nazarene University
- Business Ethics – BUS 617
- Marketing Research – BUS 625
- Marketing Management – BUS 655
- Principles of Marketing – MK T332
- Marketing Research – MKT 432
- Marketing Strategy – MKT 460
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Professor of Marketing, 2017 – present
- Anderson University, Director of Undergraduate Studies, 2011 – present
- Anderson University, Professor of Marketing, 1996 – present
- Consultant, 1995 – present
- Anderson University, Director and Founder of M.B.A. Program, 1992 – 1997
- Olivet Nazarene University, Assistant Professor of Business, 1984 – 1990
- Jewel Food Stores, Retail Manager, 1978 – 1984
Professional and Community Involvement
- Christian Business Faculty Association, Paper Reviewer, 2016
- American Marketing Association, Member, 1990 – present
- Christian Business Faculty Association, Member, 1984 – present
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Program, Evaluator, 1995 – present
- MasterCard College National Collegiate Advertising Award, Faculty Advisor, 1998
- Citibank College National Collegiate Advertising Award, Faculty Advisor, 1996
Awards and Honors
- Christian Business Faculty Association Teaching Award, 2014
- Best Academic Paper, CBFA Conference, 2013
- John A. Morris Award, Anderson University, 2002
- Robert A. Nicholson Teaching Excellence Award, Anderson University, 1997
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Wiese, M. (2016, October). A Call to Worship: Preparing our Students for Ministry in the Workplace. Presentation at Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Wiese, M. (2015, April). CEO Forum, Applied Research Symposium. Presentation at Christian Leadership Alliance Outcomes Conference, Dallas, Texas.
- Seize, J., Oeding, J. and Wiese, M. (2015, Spring). Is it Ethical for the U.S. Government to Offer Financial Awards to Potential Whistleblowers of Financial Statement Fraud and Internal Control Violations? Journal of Theoretical Accounting Research, pp. 68-90.
- Wiese, M. & Poortenga, J. (2014, October). Future Lost...Future Found: Using Mixed Method Research to Discover Ways to Engage Young People in a Faith-based Aid and Development Organization. Post Presentation at Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Brown, K. & Wiese, M. (2014, August). Work as Worship. Christian Business Review, pp. 24-30.
- Wiese, M. & Powell, S. (2013, October). True Colors or Chameleon? Materialism and Purchase of Christian Products among Students at Christian Colleges: Implications for Business Educators. Presentation at Christian Business Faculty Association Conference, Bourbonnais, Illinois.
- Wiese, M. & Brown, K. (2013). Work That Matters: Bridging the Divide Between Work and Worship. Glendora, California: Aldersgate Press.
- Wiese, M. & Brettin, S. (2011). The Marketing Oriented Innovator's Dilemma. Business Journal for Entrepreneurs, 2011(4).
- Wiese, M. & Dulaney, E. (2011, August). Factors Contributing to Final Selling Price of Auctioned Home Depot Gift Cards on Ebay. Journal of Internet Commerce.
- Wiese, M., Townsend, B. & Newell, J. (1993). Deciphering Institutional Distinctiveness. Washington D.C.: ERIC Clearinghouse on Higher Education.