PLNU welcomes all international applicants who seek to perform at a higher level and pursue academic excellence at our premier university. Through our graduate programs, you can empower your career by gaining credibility and insight and lead with influence and purpose.
We know that transferring to a new school and country can be a big transition, and we’re committed to making that transition as smooth as possible. As an international student, you can apply as a senior in university or any time after you obtain your bachelor’s degree. Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry—we’re here to answer your questions and walk you through the application process step by step.
For start dates, priority application dates, application requirements and details of your graduate program of interest, please reference the specific program page. All applications submitted after the posted date will be reviewed based on availability of space.
The Selection Process
We understand that your application is not only a reflection of you as a student; it’s a reflection of you as a person. That’s why we are committed to reviewing your application thoroughly and giving it the individual care and attention it deserves. We believe you have more to offer than just a GPA or test score, which is why there is no numeric formula that determines admittance. Rather, we use a holistic evaluation approach to determine whether you are a good fit for PLNU.
Application Checklist for International Students
- Submit official transcripts with proof of earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- If you earned your baccalaureate degree outside of the United States, all documents must be translated into English and evaluated by members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). PLNU is not responsible for evaluating foreign transcripts or coursework.
- Submit official proof of English proficiency
- Minimum scores: TOEFL (85 iBT) or IELTS (6.5)
- Please note: If admitted, and before enrolling, students will be required to submit bank statement(s) or financial support letter(s).
- For specific program application requirements, please see the program application page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I have my coursework evaluated and approved to receive credit at PLNU?
For transcript evaluation, PLNU will accept accredited transcripts from members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). You will need to request a course-by-course evaluation with a GPA. PLNU is not responsible for evaluating foreign transcripts or coursework.
Am I eligible for scholarships as an International Student?
Yes. International students are eligible for merit-based scholarships and outside scholarships (dependent upon scholarship qualifications). For more information, please contact the International Enrollment Counselor.
Other International Student Scholarships
PLNU MBA International Student Scholarship
The PLNU MBA International Student Scholarship is for new MBA international applicants. The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize talented international students who display academic excellence and leadership ability.
Once you have completed the application process for the PLNU MBA program, you are eligible to apply for the PLNU MBA International Student Scholarship for up to $2,500. A scholarship committee made up of a panel of PLNU faculty and staff will review the scholarship applications.
- 3.0 or higher undergraduate GPA
- F-1 visa
- PLNU employees and currently enrolled MBA students are not eligible
- Matched with an appropriate mentor
Selection Process and Criteria
The scholarship selection process will include a review of your completed MBA application, with particular attention given but not limited to:
- Academic achievements
- Academic/professional/personal recommendations
- MBA application essay
In addition to the essay you write as part of your MBA application, you must submit responses to the following two essay questions:
- Discuss how your experience and background will bring value to the PLNU MBA classroom.
- How do you believe a PLNU MBA will help you maximize your career potential now and in the future?
Applicants are eligible for only one scholarship (students may apply to more than one but will only be selected for one scholarship).
Scholarships are awarded as a reduction in tuition. The scholarships are applied in three equal amounts in the first, middle and last semester of the MBA program.
Scholarship applications are due one week after the priority application deadline.