Supporting PLNU in the Months Ahead
In a time of great change and uncertainty, PLNU remains committed to shaping students’ academic, personal, and spiritual growth. Many things will change, but the most important things will not — learn more about PLNU’s extensive plan to safely return to in-person instruction for fall 2020.
While there is no way to calculate the full impact of COVID-19 on PLNU, the pandemic has caused immense disruption and uncertainty in the lives of our students and the operations of our university. That’s why we have created the Loma Relief Fund, to support students who would otherwise be unable to return to campus and to propel our university into the future amidst the overwhelming financial impact we have all experienced.
PLNU has already been able to respond to the effects of COVID-19 by:
- Issuing refunds for Spring Room & Board
- Awarding emergency financial aid packets to assist tuition payments
- Providing COVID leave for employees and student worker payroll
But we still have a long way to go!
A gift of any size to the Loma Relief Fund will provide:
- Emergency Financial Aid for students who have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis
- Resources to convert to hybrid instruction and equip classrooms with new technology that allows flexibility for teaching in all modalities
- Funds for sanitizing, personal protective equipment, as well as physical changes for classrooms, dining, and meeting spaces for the fall opening
- Virus related testing, tracing, isolation, and quarantine spaces
- Aid for expected loss in revenue from:
- A projected 10% decline in traditional students
- A projected 5% decline in Graduate and Professional Studies students
- Loss of all summer camps and on-campus conferences
Your Support Is Critical
During this time we have the capacity to plan, act, and implement new strategies, create and deliver innovative learning, design new efforts to engage and serve students, and discover ways to reduce costs and exercise careful stewardship of university resources. This is an unusual but exciting time in our university's history and just as we’ve done over the past 118 years, we will continue to remain flexible, rely on God’s unfailing strength, and move forward together in ways that are creative, bold, supportive, innovative ... and Authentically Loma.
“If we have learned anything in the last couple of months, it is the reality that we are living in unprecedented times. Life has changed for each of us in profound ways. I have seen PLNU step up in new ways and do things we haven’t done before for the good of this community, our nation, and the world.”