In 1997, Ethan Hamilton received a bachelor’s degree in physical education from PLNU, where he was also a student assistant with the men’s basketball team. In 2000, he earned a master’s degree in education at Cal State San Bernardino. Before returning to his alma mater, Hamilton coached at Azusa Pacific University and NCAA Division I UC Riverside. While at APU, he also served as the director of Athletic Development.
Hamilton was selected as one of the 12 athletic director mentors to serve in the NCAA Mentoring Program for aspiring athletic directors. In addition, he serves as the chair of the PacWest Membership and Scheduling Committee. Hamilton is also a member of the NCAA Division II West Region Men's Basketball Regional Advisory Committee and the AD Liaison for Women's Golf in the PacWest.
- M.A., Education, Cal State San Bernardino
- B.A., Physical Education, Point Loma Nazarene University
- Finance and Economics of Sport – KIN 640
Experience in Field
- In his eighth year as PLNU's athletic director.
- Oversees all 11 intercollegiate athletic programs as well as all aspects of the PLNU Athletic Department.
- Led PLNU through one of the most important periods in the history of the Athletic Department, as he brought the Sea Lions from the NAIA to NCAA Division II. The Sea Lions officially became an active NCAA member in July 2014 after a three-year transition process.