PLNU is proud to offer graduate-level credit for your participation as a new teacher in a qualifying Induction program, or in a support role of new and pre-service teachers. A reduced fee of $75 per unit is provided for this graduate credit, applicable to a PLNU Master’s degree.
- Credentialed Beginning Teachers working in a school district may earn 3 credits per year for completion of one or two years of a CTC-approved Beginning Teacher Induction Program satisfied through an approved School District or County Office of Education.
- Induction Mentors and Clinical Practice Master Teachers may earn a total of 3 credits for the CTC-required training and subsequent supervised service to a pre-service or beginning teacher.
*Induction credit is dependent on an MOU agreement between the university and your district. Please verify with your human resources department an MOU exists before registering for induction credit.
*Salary advancement based on university credit must always be approved by the school district and should not be assumed. Please verify before you purchase.
- Successful completion of at least 1 academic year of Induction as a beginning teacher (3 credits per year of participation, 6 credits maximum).
- Training for, and at least one year of service as, a Support Provider/Mentor to a teacher in Induction (3 credits maximum), verified by the district served.
- Training for, and at least 8 weeks of service as, a Master Teacher/Guide Teacher to a pre-service teacher (3 credits maximum), verified by the university served.
Sending Evidence of Completion:
Send in one email the following evidence to Cris Rangel, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “last name first name type of credit date” (Ex: John Doe Master Teacher 1.15.18)
- Induction Teachers – a copy of the candidate’s Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and official certificate or letter of successful completion on district letterhead.
- Support Providers - a copy of your Beginning Teacher’s Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and a written reflection of the specific improvements you saw in your beginning teacher’s practice.
- Master Teachers – a copy of your Master Teacher training certificate, and verification of your completed service on university letterhead.
Registration must occur 3 units at a time. If you have evidence of completion of 2 years of induction, and therefore can earn 6 units of credit, you will register twice for 3 units each.
For Additional Questions, Please Contact:
San Diego – Mission Valley