Dr. Frank Marshall joined PLNU as an adjunct faculty member in 2015, teaching graduate and undergraduate management courses. He came to PLNU with over 35 years of senior management experience. Marshall began his career as the controller for Hughes Aircraft Company Maquiladora, a defense contractor for the U.S. military. He then served as vice president for three companies before becoming chief operations officer for Rancho Santa Fe Technology in 2003, where he was instrumental in increasing profits by 50%. While at Rancho Santa Fe Technology, Marshall received the 2007 Workplace Excellence Award. In addition to teaching management at the undergraduate and graduate levels, he currently chairs and serves on many FSB committees.
- D.B.A., Management, George Fox University
- M.S., Executive Leadership, University of San Diego
- B.S., Accounting, California State University at Long Beach
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset — BUS 6072
- Applied Innovation — BUS 6078
- Strategic Management — BUS 6095
- Principles of Management — MGT 2012
- Human Resources Management — MGT 3074
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Dean of Professional Business Education, Associate Professor of Management, 2017 – Present
- Professional Development Academy, High Performance Leadership Coach, 2019 – Present
- Concordia University, Sports Management Masters Program (adjunct summer only), 2018 – Present
- Sam Walton Fellow for Enactus (Entrepreneurial Action in all of us), Founder PLNU Enactus, 2018 – 2019
- San Diego Christian College, Associate Professor of Business Adult Professional Studies and Undergraduate Program, 2014 – 2018
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Faculty, 2015 – 2017
- University of Phoenix, Adjunct Faculty, 2009 – 2015
- Rancho Santa Fe Technology, Chief Operations Officer, 2003 – 2015
- SDA Security Systems, Inc., Vice President and General Manager, 1996 – 2003
- TACAN Corporation, Vice President of Finance and Manufacturing, 1995 – 1996
- Sciteq Electronics, Inc., Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, 1988 – 1995
- Hughes Aircraft Company Maquiladora, Controller, 1982 – 1988
Professional and Community Involvement
- FSB Innovation Initiatives Committee, Member, 2016 — Present
- Flood Church, Member
- PLNU Enactus
Awards and Honors
- 2016 Impact Leader East County Transitional Living Center
- 2015 Impact Leader San Diego Rescue Mission
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Marshall, F. (2020). Research on Christian Business Survivability. Survivability process created.
- Marshall, F. (2017). Processes small business use to capture, convert, and integrate survival knowledge: A multi-site case study. Sage Global Research Case Studies Q1 2019.
- Marshall, F. (2016) How Small Businesses Create a Process to Capture, Convert and Integrate Knowledge for Survival. (Doctoral Dissertation). George Fox University, Newberg, Oregon.